The New York State Funeral Directors Association, Inc. (NYSFDA) is the largest and most powerful organization representing the interests of funeral firms in New York State and is the nationally recognized leader of state funeral directors' associations in the country. NYSFDA provides a wide variety of high-quality services and opportunities to our members. We offer a variety of education and programs that help our Members stay on top of their profession.
A dedicated staff, headquartered in Albany, NY, coordinates the following programming under the guidance of an all-volunteer, member-elected Board of Directors.
Government Affairs Program
- Through the support of the membership, NYSFDA has proudly built a record of success that is second to none.
- NYSFDA advocates for - and protects the interests of - New York's funeral directors, funeral homes, and the families they serve.
- NYSFDA’s strong grassroots network – the Government Affairs Action Team (GAAT) – is well-respected by legislators in Albany and across the state.
Education and Professional Development
- Regularly-scheduled webinars help Members fulfill Continuing Education requirements and mandatory OSHA training.
- Our annual NYSFDA Convention and Tradeshow features educational opportunities and brings members together with suppliers of products and services.
- Annual Regional Meetings are held in convenient locations around the state and sessions, scheduled periodically, explain new laws and address changes in the funeral service environment - as they occur.
- A frequently updated calendar of events helps Members maintain excellence in their profession with details and schedules on a variety of Professional Development opportunities.
- Our Members get exclusive access to the services of PrePlan Trust, the industry leader in preneed trust fund management.
- PrePlan achieves 100% compliance with all state laws and regulations, offering complete security for both consumers and funeral directors.
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, PrePlan Trust is proud to hold an A+ rating. In 2022, PrePlan was a proud recipient of the Torch Award for Ethics.
- Up-to-date industry information alerts Members to important issues via text and e-mail bulletins.
- Newsletters in print and electronic formats provide Members with engaging articles about the funeral profession, news and issues in addition to advertisements for helpful products and services.
- Members are availed a library of industry-specific guidelines, compliance materials and a list of publications to help educate families.
- Our robust website and social media platforms connect the public to our Member funeral homes and highlight the importance of the services they provide.
Credit Union Services from Directors Choice Credit Union
- Membership in the NYSFDA enables funeral directors, their staff and family to join Directors Choice Credit Union - a state credit union designed specifically to provide quality financial services unique to the funeral directing industry.
How Do I Join?
Become a member of the nation's oldest Funeral Director associations. Click here to learn more, or contact NYSFDA at 518.452.8230 or email@example.com.