NYSFDA is committed to providing state-of-the-art education and training opportunities to New York State’s funeral services professionals. Our Webinar Series provides regularly-scheduled training sessions to help licensed funeral directors fulfill Continuing Education requirements and mandatory OSHA training. Webinars cover a range of topics, ensuring members stay on top of their profession.
Registration Tips: If multiple people from your funeral firm are looking for credit for any of the webinars offered, everyone should register individually. Or, if you'd like assistance processing a group registration, call Michelle at 800.291.2629. This will help NYSFDA process credits even faster, ensuring your profiles are up-to-date. Many thanks in advance for your help!
What Businesses Need To Know About NYS Workers’ Compensation, Disability & Paid Family Leave
Wednesday, January 26, 2022 from 2–3pm | Approved for 1 CEU
Presenter: Neil Gilberg, Advocate for Business/Ombudsman – NYS Workers’ Compensation Board
Join Neil for a presentation on Workers Compensation, Disability & Paid Family Leave with related COVID-19/Delta variant details for small to large businesses, corporations and non-profit enterprises. Topics include:
- Introduction to our Ombudsman and unit - the Advocate for Business
- Overview/Refresher - Workers’ Compensation (WC), Disability (DB) & Paid Family Leave (PFL)? **Including COVID-19 related updates**
- What should you take into consideration involving WC, DB and PFL?
- Does WC, DB & PFL apply to college interns, family, p/t staff, private duty aides/nannies and independent contractors? **including COVID-19
- Independent contractors versus employees - What are the crucial tips to be aware of?
- Essential guidance on subcontracting and workers’ compensation?
- How to get the best claims results & What are some ways to lower premiums?
Battling Burnout & Building Resilience: Supporting & Retaining Funeral Professionals
Wednesday, February 16, 2022 from 1–2pm | Approved for 1 CEU
Presenter: Dr. Jason Troyer
Funeral directors are asked to perform a wide variety of roles and work in conditions that place them at an increased risk for burnout. This presentation will review the challenges that funeral directors face and how burnout can impede funeral directors’ effectiveness. The primary focus of the presentation will be discussing practical strategies for reducing burnout and creating a more positive work environment.
Please note, webinars are considered LIVE CEU credits.
Help us help you! If multiple people from your funeral firm are looking for credit for any of the webinars offered, everyone should register individually. Or, if you'd like assistance processing a group registration, call Michelle at 800.291.2629. This will help NYSFDA process credits even faster, ensuring your profiles are up-to-date. Many thanks in advance for your help!
*Please note, each course can only be taken once per biennium.