Simply CLICK HERE to renew.
Dues should be received by March 1st to avoid any interruption in member services. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kelly Deitz at 800-291-2629 with any questions.
Members-only newsletter archives:
Two of the most authoritative voices in funeral service will come together in three locations across New York State to discuss The Good Funeral: Death, Grief & the Community of Care. Through their different lenses, one as a preacher and one as a funeral director, Thomas G. Long and Thomas Lynch alternately discuss several challenges facing “the good funeral,” including the commercial aspects that have led many to be suspicious of funeral directors, the sometimes tense relationship between pastors and funeral directors, the tendency of modern funerals to exclude the body from the service, and the rapid growth in cremation.
The NYS Tribute Foundation Proudly Presents:
The Good Funeral: Death, Grief & the Community of Care
A program by Tom Lynch and Tom Long
Seminar Locations (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015 Hofstra University, Mack Sports Complex, Hempstead
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015 Kleinhans Music Hall, Buffalo
- Thursday, May 14, 2015 Oncenter - Nicholas J. Pirro Convention Center, Syracuse
Dr. Thomas G. Long is the Bandy Professor of Preaching at Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Thomas Lynch is a writer and funeral director from Milford, Michigan. One of his books, The Undertaking, became an Emmy Award-winning PBS documentary.
The NYS Tribute Foundation and its presenters hope clergy and funeral directors in training, hospice care workers, and anyone involved with funerals will find this training useful. Bonnie L. McCullough, Executive Director of NYSFDA says the duo, “really pack a punch with an approach that opens the minds of their audience to the notion that the dead should not just be magically whisked away and ignored.”
HELP US! The social workers, hospice caregivers, bereavement counselors, clergy and educators will not hear the important messages provided in these wonderful forums if they are not there. We encourage funeral directors like YOU to help us reach out to them with warm invitations and enthusiasm, and see to it that the seats are packed at each location.
Because of generous funding from the NYS Tribute Foundation, there is absolutely no charge for NYSFDA members or caregivers to attend any of these sessions. Non-member funeral directors will be charged $199 to attend.
CLICK HERE to register!
- Funeral Directors: This course has been approved for 3 NYS CEUs.
- Nurses: This continuing nursing education activity has been submitted to ANA-Maine, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Clergy: This program may be used for continuing education credit for chaplains certified with Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc.
- Social Workers: This course has been approved for 3 contact hours for Social Workers by the NASW-NY.