What purpose does a funeral serve?
It is the customary way to recognize death and its finality. Funerals are recognized rituals for the living to show respect for the dead and to help survivors begin the grief process. Funerals in one form or another have been conducted to honor the dead since around 35,000 BC.
- Preplanning: A Precious Gift to Those You Love
- Why Preplan?
- Why Prefund?
- New York State Laws Protect Consumers
- If a Funeral Home Closes
- Special Considerations for Medicaid/SSI Applicants & Recipients
- How to Choose a Funeral Director
- The Prearrangement Conference
- After the Prearrangement Conference
- Consumer Checklist for Prefunding a Funeral
- Personal & Financial Affairs Checklist for End-of-Life Planning
The New York State Funeral Directors Association (NYSFDA) has transitioned into a new, more user friendly database and web portal. Each member funeral home and affiliate member must create a password using the email address we have on file to access the new system. Please follow this link and select Forgot your Password to complete the setup of your login information. If you have any issues, please contact Kelly or Michelle at 800-291-2629 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Members-only newsletter archives: